This post is also available in: العربية
Sharjah Rights Connection Awards announce finalists
In the presence of Bodour Al Qasimi, International Publishers Association (IPA) President, the Sharjah Book Authority (SBA) announced the shortlisted nominees for the debut edition of the prestigious Sharjah Rights Connection Awards, launched earlier this year to honour the leading contributions of rights professionals in promoting the global publishing industry.
In each of the two categories, 33 applications were received from 14 countries. Individuals working in publishing companies who sell translation rights are nominated in the following categories:
- Elle Brenton-Rounding, Bonnier Books UK LTD, UK
- Gabriel Nieto, Editorial Planeta, Mexico
- Ahmed Mohamed Mohamed Rashad, Al Dar Al Masriah Al Lubnaniah, Egypt
In the second category of independent professionals or those working with specialised agencies to sell rights to publishers and other licensors are:
- Benas Berantas, Book Smugglers Agency, Lithuania
- Aoife Lennon-Ritchie, The Lennon-Ritchie Agency, South Africa
- Mauro Spagnol, Books-Everywhere, UK
Shortlists were announced at a reception dinner during Frankfurter Buchmesse 2022.
The winners will be announced on November 2nd in Expo Centre Sharjah at the conclusion of the SIBF Publishers Conference from October 30 – November 1.